VIDEO OF THE WEEK

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Ranting Sagas; Part II: Bus Drivers & Phone Batteries Are The Work Of The Devil.

Okay, I'm gonna cut the bullshit this time and get straight into some hardcore accusations.

I know a lot of you who catch buses are thinking "Hey Babagenesh, my bus driver is a nice guy!". And then I will assume that most of you catch SCHOOL buses. But for those of you who catch PUBLIC buses, you may understand what kind of hellspawn the government release in front of the wheel.

Let me give you an example. Last Wednesday, Leanne and I were waiting for a bus outside Westfield Parramatta. This bus was due to come at exactly 6.25pm. As most of you bus-catchers may know, you can only use your bus pass until exactly 6.30pm. When the clock struck 6.25pm, there was no bus in sight. 6.26pm? No. 6.27pm? No. Could it be, 6.30pm!? Still no bus.

Alas! The bus had arrived, at exactly 6.32pm. As we got on the bus flashing our passes at the driver, we were both stopped and told to pay.

WTF.

Why the HELL do we need to pay? It was SUPPOSED to come at 6.25pm! And now that YOU have come late, we can not use our passes. And whose fault is that? YOURS. NOT OURS.

But today, something quite shicking was pointed out to me. You can actually use your bus pass until 7pm!

WTF!

So now, this bus driver had knowingly conned us into paying for our trip. He still gets paid the exact same amount of money by the government, but he tries to rob us of our hard-earned money anyway!

Although it was only $1.60.
____________________________________________________________________________

And now for the second part. Phone batteries. I don't know if anybody else has the same problem as I do, but when this problem occurs, my mood seems to be ruined for hours to come.

Whenever my phone is in use, it lasts roughly 1 hour before it starts emmiting a beeping sound. This sound indicates that the phone is on low battery. This annoying-as-fuck beeping sound keeps going for about 45 minutes. So technically, the sound indicates that your battery is 57.1428571429% full. That's still more than half full!

WHAT
THE

FUCK!!!


But the thing that really gets me pissed off is, if you hang up during that 45 minutes of supposed 'Low Battery' time, you can't use the phone until it charges back to OVER 57.whatever%. It takes soooo long to get over it that it just isn't funny. I won't even bother writing the next 'big wtf' because it just doesn't sum up the emotion of not being able to use the phone for that long. Mostly because if it dies in an instant, you can't say sorry to the person you were talking to.

So my plan now is to go buy another new battery pack and see if it helps in any way. If it doesn't, then I'm going to secretly put the phone in the oven. (:

____________________________________________________________________________

Randomly when I was searching to check the price of phone batteries, I noticed something wrong. Fail.

And also by request and because I owe him, Nathan is my first and favourite follower. He is awesome and there is no follower more brilliant or as dedicated. It is an honor to be followed by Nathan. (But we all know Leanne is REALLY my favourite ;D)

Peace out squishies. (:

2 comments: